12 June 2008

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

As it stands after yesterday's games in Group A of Euro 2008, the Czech Republic and Turkey are level on points, goal difference and goals scored, and are thus locked together in joint second place. According to this, because this is so, and they face each other in the last game, a draw will mean that the second qualifying spot will be decided by a penalty shoot-out (unless Portugal also lose their game against Switzerland).

A shoot-out. In the group stage.

Please please please please....

2 comments:

Richard Whittall 12/6/08 3:37 AM  

Our sites are twins! You're the evil one.

Fredorrarci 12/6/08 2:21 PM  

This site, your site, every other Blogger blog using the Minima template...

I hope to get round to adding some things to make my site look a bit different, though I can't say I'll do better than that lovely Villa team shot on yours (I'm a sucker for that kind of Victorian football photograph).

Just to correct myself, the result of the Portugal-Switzerland game is irrelevant as to whether a shoot-out may occur in the other game.

Post a Comment

search

twtsiatvstw

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.