20 August 2009

How not to blog about sport

But Fred, football is about so much more than just goals, you know. By highlighting these wonderful strikes from the last few days, aren't you detracting from the essential beauty of the game? It's not as if you haven't bleated about this kind of thing before, is it?

Firstly, it's "blogged", not "bleated". And secondly, well, um, maybe, I dunno, y'see, it's just that these goals caught my eye and I thought that I might, y'know, show my appreciation by pos―

But Fred, isn't it somewhat foolish to post these after Usain Bolt ran that divine 200m? You know the one I'm talking about, don't you? The one which pretty much renders all sport meaningless until such time as He decides to grace us with His glory once more? The one which makes these goals, fine as they may be, look like gaunt urchins riddled with consumption? The one which made you pledge your immortal soul to Him but a few hours ago?

Um, ah, well, when you put it like that, I suppose, but, look, see, I still think they merit some atten―

But Fred, if I didn't know any better, I'd swear that you intended to post these earlier in the day, during that sliver of time between their occurrence and the time they became totally, incontrovertibly irrelevant, but instead allowed laziness to overtake you, thus making this post seem ― well, seem like a gaunt urchin riddled with consumption. Would I be wrong?

...




(The second and third goals here.)



(Pretty much all of Defoe's goals, plus Keane's header. And Hunt's free kick, natch.)





All clips via 101 Great Goals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

search

twtsiatvstw

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.