25 September 2008

Stephen Hunt - not just a H-bomb in a curly wig

From the Guardian's Fiver, Stephen Hunt on the phantom goal in the Watford-Reading game:

"The linesman was saying to me, when I went to take a corner again, 'Was I right?' and I was like, yeah, it's a goal, you've given the goal."

UPDATE: Me and my shoddy research. Turns out the Fiver omitted some key lines from Hunt which cast him not as a wily emotional trickster but as a humanitarian of the noblest order (sort of). From today's Irish Independent:

"I felt sorry for the linesman considering how bad a decision it was[...]I went to take a corner again after that and the linesman was saying to me, 'Was I right?' and I was like, 'yeah it's a goal, you've given a goal.' I wasn't taking responsibility. He was obviously a little bit nervous so I was trying to help him out, just saying, you've given the goal, just get on with it."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

search

twtsiatvstw

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.